Physician's Assistant in Medicine (Open & Continuous Testing) (98738)
Physician’s Assistant in Medicine
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Physician’s Assistants perform medical procedures and other tasks permitted by the Illinois Physician’s Assistants Practice Act as delegated and supervised by a licensed physician. A Physician’s Assistant typically:
- augments the supervising physician’s data gathering abilities in order to assist the physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients
- performs a variety of medical procedures and other tasks within the specialty of medical care of the supervising physician that does not require the exercise of independent judgment for the purposes of diagnosis and treatment of patients
- checks and records patient’s progress within the confines of the regimen or protocol established by the supervising physician and reports progress to the physician
- performs other related duties as assigned
1. Possession of a valid certification/licensure as a current Physician’s Assistant in Medicine issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation.
For more information about this classification:
Physician’s Assistant positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week), 12 months per year. The minimum stating salary is $45.78 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at http://jobs.illinois.edu/ and exam request form for Physician’s Assistant in Medicine. Documents such as: college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from: [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Staff Human Resources Category:8-Technical Title:Physician's Assistant in Medicine (Open & Continuous Testing) (98738) Open Date:06/26/2018 Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations