Staff Nurse I (Open & Continuous Testing) (98740)
Staff Nurse I
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Staff Nurse I employees participate in a patient care program by applying nursing skills in direct patient care and by planning, demonstrating, and supervising patient care activities in an assigned area. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor. A Staff Nurse I typically –
- administer patient care with a high degree of skill, as prescribed by a physician
- establishes nursing care goals for an individual patient or a patient group, formulates patient care plans, and motivates nursing personnel to follow plans and recognize the relationship of each aspect of care to ultimate goals
- establishes unit procedures to effect a coordinated approach to the care of a patient group
- explains departmental and unit policies and procedures, identifies and reports policy and procedural deficiencies, and evaluates new policies and procedures
- demonstrates nursing procedures and techniques to assure staff’s ability to render effective care
- establishes short-range goals for patient instruction and rehabilitation, plans assignments of nursing personnel to implement these goals, and assists in patient and family instruction
- performs other related duties as assigned
1. Eligibility for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation.
For more information about this classification:
Staff Nurse I positions are benefits-eligible Civil Service positions. Most positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12 months per year. The minimum stating salary is $25.34 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at http://jobs.illinois.edu/ and exam request form for Staff Nurse I. Documents such as: college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from: [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.