Albion College invites applications for the Marketing Specialist position. The Marketing Specialist, in partnership with the Executive Director of Marketing and Creative Services, will plan and implement marketing-focused communications for external and internal audiences, primarily (but not exclusively) through the College website, email, and various print media. Chief responsibilities will include content creation and production with a principal focus on student recruitment and retention, alumni engagement, and fundraising. Independent judgment and flexibility are required to plan, prioritize, organize, and execute a multifaceted workload with sensitivity and confidentiality. Must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
This position is eligible for full benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, tuition remission, and campus amenities including free on-site fitness facility, free parking, and access to campus events/performances.
FLSA Classification: Salaried / Exempt / Administrative
Duration: 12 months per year
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in communications, English, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in marketing-oriented communications, higher-education or nonprofit experience preferred
- Advanced writing proficiency, particularly in a professional setting
- Experience and proficiency in online content creation, particularly through a content management system
- Experience in design, videography, and/or photography preferred
Interested should submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, and three references through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/59053. Please direct questions to Wendy Miller Bueche, Executive Director, Campaign and Advancement ([email protected]).
A review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled