Part-Time Nutritional Science Instructor (Pool)
Requisition DetailsPosition Information Position Title Part-Time Nutritional Science Instructor (Pool) Position ID Campus Mission College Position Summary Information Definition
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.Assignment
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the Association of College Educators (ACE).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CASalary and Benefits
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on a minimum salary range of $18,261-$20,955 per semester; maximum earnable up to $29,559.Minimum Qualifications
1. Education – Possess one of the following:
- Master’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration, AND Master’s degree in chemistry, public health, or family and consumer studies/home economics; OR
- Possession of a valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Foods, Food Services, and Related Technologies; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively teach, counsel or work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
NOTE: A Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration, AND certification as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (verified by the Commission on Dietetics Registration) is an alternative qualification for this pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.Desired Qualifications
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Teaching experience in nutrition diet therapy and/or related subjects at an accredited community college or university within the past five (5) years.
- Background or experience with the use of computers and technology in education, clinical setting and/or industry.
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
- Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
- Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
- Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
- Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
- Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
- Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
- Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
- Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
Not ApplicableApplication Information Selection Process
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
- Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
- Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Applications will remain in our online system for 1 year. Each year, part-time pools will be refreshed and applicants will be notified of the opportunity to re-submit application.
- Application materials become the property of the District and will not be returned or duplicated.
- The District reserves the right to contact former, current, the most recent employers, and others to investigate past employment records of applicants.
- Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ a diverse workforce who will contribute to an inclusive and welcoming educational and employment environment. The District is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, transgender status, parental status, marital status, economic status, veteran status, and medical condition consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please provide a brief summary of your background, area(s) of expertise and recent teaching experience. Please include in your answer the specific courses you have taught or assisted in teaching (e.g. as a graduate teaching assistant).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts
- Other Related Licenses or Certificates
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 1
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 2
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 3