Part-Time Counselor (Pool)
Requisition DetailsPosition TitlePart-Time Counselor (Pool)Position IDCampusMission CollegeDefinition
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY/COUNSELING POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty/Counselor pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.Assignment
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Counselor. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT), AFT 6554.
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CASalary and Benefits
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $23,948-$28,442 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.Minimum Qualifications
1. Education – Possess one of the following:
- Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the above, AND a California License in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling (LMFCC); OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively teach, counsel or work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.Desired Qualifications
- Experience in teaching study skills and career development classes.
Counseling duties and responsibilities are assigned in accordance with Article 19 of the faculty contract and may consist of one or more of the following:
- Counsel and advise students, on both an appointment and a drop-in basis.
- Perform specialized work duties as necessary during registration periods.
- Provide formal in-service training.
- Participate in program/service development activities.
- Perform other duties as required for the department and/or college.
- Counselors may also be assigned to teach one or more counseling courses during a semester.
- Counselors have the option of teaching outside their primary area on an overload basis. To be eligible for an assignment outside their area of primary responsibility, they must qualify through the established guidelines.
- Counselors who teach courses must comply with the same duties required of the instructors as outlined in their job description, including office hours in accordance with Article 100.7.
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
- Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
- Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Applications will remain in our online system for 1 year. Each year, part-time pools will be refreshed and applicants will be notified of the opportunity to re-submit application.
- Application materials become the property of the District and will not be returned or duplicated.
- The District reserves the right to contact former, current, the most recent employers, and others to investigate past employment records of applicants.
- Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
Applicants applying under equivalency bear the responsibility of submitting the District’s Equivalency Application form with details and evidence of the factors (academic preparation and/or experience) that they believe to be equivalent of the required qualifications for this position. Application(s) for equivalency are required if degrees are not in exact discipline required.
The Equivalency Application is included in the online application as an OPTIONAL form to complete.
- ONLY complete the Request for Equivalency application if degree does not match discipline(s) stated in the Minimum Qualifications.
- List accurately and completely the courses taken that match requirements of the required degree.
- Do NOT attach documents such as course evaluations.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your counseling skills, highlighting experience in each of the following areas:• Educational / Academic Counseling • Career Counseling / Career Development • Personal Counseling
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience in teaching counseling courses in a community college or related setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience and skills in counseling a diverse population of students, including students with different abilities, cultural experiences, as well as students who are non-native English speakers.
(Open Ended Question)
- Additional Transcripts
- Other Related Licenses or Certificates
- Cover Letter
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 1
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 2
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 3