Adjunct Faculty - I/O Business Psychology - Performance Appraisal
Job location: Irvine, CA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-07-30
The IO Business Program at The Chicago School is currently seeking qualified individuals to teach courses in the curriculum. The course meets at the Irvine campus and follows at 14 week schedule.
The IO Business Department is seeking qualified Adjunct Faculty to teach the following courses:
- IO522 Performance Appraisal
This course initially focuses on criterion theory as a framework for developing standards to indicate the effectiveness of individuals, groups, and organizations. Students will acquire an understanding of performance appraisal instruments; and rater training, motivation, and cognition. Students will also learn about contextual moderators, individual moderators, legal issues concerning performance appraisal, and multi-source performance appraisal.
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty members is to enrich courses by sharing theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, encouraging direct application to the workplace within the field of Industrial/Organizational/Consulting Psychology.
All adjunct faculty members at The Chicago School are expected to be available and responsive to students during the course. This “availability” includes:
- Active participation in the discussion forum;
- Timely grading of assignments and providing quality feedback;
- Being available outside of regular class meetings to address student’s questions and concerns
Adjuncts will be provided course syllabi with recommended course texts prior to beginning the teaching assignment.
- A Doctoral degree in Industrial/Organizational/Consulting Psychology or related disciplines
- Previous online/in person teaching experience (3 years preferred);
- Exemplary professional experience;
- Engagement in research and scholarship (preferred).
- The course meets on Saturday or Sunday once a month
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.