Adjunct Faculty - Biological Based Psychology – Chicago Campus
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2017-07-25
The Clinical PsyD Program at The Chicago School is currently seeking qualified individuals to teach courses in the curriculum. All courses at The Chicago School’s Downtown Chicago Campus follow a 14 week semester schedule.
The Clinical PsyD Department is seeking qualified Adjunct Faculty to teach the following courses:
Biological Bases of Behavior
Cognitive-Affective Bases of Behavior
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty members is to enrich courses by sharing theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, encouraging direct application to the workplace within the field of biological based psychology courses.
All adjunct faculty members at The Chicago School are expected to be available and responsive to students during the course. This “availability” includes:
- Active participation in the discussion forum;
- Timely grading of assignments and providing quality feedback;
- Being available outside of regular class meetings to address student’s questions and concerns
Adjuncts will be provided course syllabi with recommended course texts prior to beginning the teaching assignment.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology and/or Biological based Science (biology, medicine, neurobiology, psychopharmacology)
- Previous online teaching experience (3 years preferred);
- Exemplary professional experience;
- Engagement in research and scholarship (preferred).
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.