Adjunct Faculty - Masters of Public Health Department - Online Campus
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2017-07-25
The MPH Online Program at The Chicago School is currently seeking qualified individuals to teach courses in the curriculum. All online courses at The Chicago School are 7 weeks long and are taught in the Canvas learning management system.
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty members is to enrich courses by sharing theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, encouraging direct application to the workplace within the field of Public Health.
All Online adjunct faculty members at The Chicago School are expected to be available (online) and responsive to students five out of seven days during the course of the week. This “availability” includes:
- Active participation in the discussion forum;
- Posting course-related announcement(s);
- Timely grading of assignments and providing quality feedback;
- Holding virtual office hours.
In addition, it is expected that all adjunct faculty members adhere to the following duties during a 7-week term:
- Posting a welcome message to all students outlining weekly virtual office hours.
- Creating a video welcome message and post to Canvas course site.
- Holding one voluntary conference call or synchronous chat each term, either via Skype or GoToMeeting software (account information provided by the Department Manager).
- Responding to each student’s initial post in a discussion forum.
- Grading quizzes and providing feedback on short assignments within 48 hours.
- Providing grading and feedback on larger assignments within 3 days after due date.
- Responding to all student email(s) within 24 hours.
- Issuing final grade on time (by Tuesday midnight after Week 7 ends).
- Doctoral degree in Public Health, Community Health, Health Psychology, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Nursing or a related field;
- Previous online teaching experience (3 years preferred);
- Exemplary professional experience;
- Engagement in research and scholarship (preferred).
All online adjunct faculty are required to complete an 8 week training course reviewing online pedagogy best practices prior to teaching their assigned courses. All online adjunct faculty are required to complete an 8 week training course reviewing online pedagogy best practices prior to teaching their assigned courses.
All online adjunct faculty are required to complete an 8 week training course reviewing online pedagogy best practices prior to teaching their assigned courses.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.