Assistant Department Chair
Job location: Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-11-14
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are searching for an Assistant Department Chair in the Clinical Psychology Psy.D. program on our Washington D.C. Campus.
The Assistant Department Chair of the Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program is appointed by and directly reports to the Chair of the Clinical Psychology Psy.D. program, and works closely with the Campus Dean, the Academic Leadership Team as well as the Academic Affairs Manager. The Assistant Department Chair is a member of the faculty assists the Chair in scheduling and curriculum planning, student affairs within the department, student review process, and outreach and recruitment of faculty as well as support for student recruitment.
In addition to department meetings, the Assistant Chair participates in institutional committees, provides academic leadership, and performs duties assigned by the Department Chair. As an administrative faculty member, the Assistant Department Chair is a member of the Faculty Council.
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of the department
- Assist with scheduling and curriculum planning
- Coordinate student development efforts (monitoring satisfactory academic progress, supervising Department efforts to support student development through Academic Development Plans and Professional Performance Evaluations, and representing the Department at institutional Student Affairs Committees
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage the dissertation sequence for all dissertation students
- Teach 12 credits per academic year and Chair dissertations
- Participate in other departmental committees and duties as assigned by Department Chair
- Engage in faculty committee and production assignments
- Participate in research and writing for any necessary self-study or program-related reports
- Contribute to the development of strategic academic and budget plans for the Department, including recommendations from the assessment and program review process
- Outreach and recruit faculty and support student recruitment
- Supervise the teaching, advisement, and dissertation activities, and other duties performed by Faculty members to meet program academic goals
- A licensed clinical psychologist with a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology
- Graduated from an APA accredited doctoral program and doctoral internship program
- Academic administration experience, teaching at the doctoral level, and professional experience strongly desire.
- An optimistic, flexible and action-oriented leader who can motivate faculty to embrace these values in the classroom and within the institution
- The Associate Department Chair must be able to balance institutional priorities with program needs and initiatives
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.