Instructional Technician, Costumes - Part Time
Instructional Technician, Costumes - Part Time
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 1/29/2019
The Department of Theatre Arts is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Instructional Technician—Costumes.
West Valley College, though just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to operate an instructional theatre arts costume shop/laboratory and maintain relevant equipment, tools, materials, and supplies; to facilitate student learning by providing technical assistance to faculty and students; and to train and provide oversight for student assistants in the lab.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
53% of full time, 20 hours per week, 11 months per year, with anticipated start date of March 25, 2019. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $2,449-$2,665 monthly (salary shown is prorated for 53.3% of full-time, WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 56, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents (prorated for employees working less than 100% of full-time and 12 months).
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually. (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in theatre arts costuming or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible experience in a design shop, or a position requiring standard clothing construction skills.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain theatre arts costume shop, wardrobe, equipment, and supplies.
- Set up, operate, and demonstrate the use of specialized equipment, machines, and devices in a community college costume shop.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe lab environment.
- Communicate with directors and designers regarding costume design requirements.
- Order, receive, store, and inventory equipment, supplies, and materials used in costume construction; prepare purchase requests for new equipment and supplies; track and monitor costume rentals and loans; arrange for cleaning and repairing of costumes.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, logs, and files related to equipment and costume inventory.
- Recruit, train, and direct production students and hourly assistants; schedule, assign, and review student assistant work; prepare and maintain a variety of records and files related to student assistant schedules and timesheets.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency