Executive Director Alumni and Parent Engagement
Executive Director Alumni and Parent Engagement
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, implement and assess a comprehensive strategic plan for alumni and parent engagement with the goal of ensuring increased alumni and parent engagement with and support for the University's objectives, and as a means of providing an important way in which alumni, parents and friends engage with Furman as stakeholders in its future.
- Approach the conceptualization, organization, and implementation of an integrated alumnae engagement program through an assertive strategy of targeted, research-driven, and increasingly digital approaches. Manage all aspects of the program with a disciplined, data-driven approach.
- Establish measurable goals and objectives for all programs within the department and ensure the successful completion of those goals. Manage and prioritize resource allocation for programs such as homecoming, reunions, family weekend, regional events, career networking activities, online programs, alumni awards, and legacy events.
- Ensure the inclusion and active engagement of Furman's diverse community of alumni and parents.
- Collaborate within the Development division and with other offices on campus (Career Center, Enrollment, Athletics, Academics) to align programming with fundraising, student recruitment, and The Furman Advantage including mentoring and career development objectives.
- Build and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty and campus departments whose involvement is helpful in effective outreach, engagement, cultivation and stewardship of alumni and parents.
- Represent the University on campus, to the Furman community and to the broader external community of Greenville, South Carolina and beyond. Assist the Development team with the identification, cultivation and stewardship of donors.
- Manage volunteer leadership groups such as the Alumni Board and Young Alumni Council including
- Maintaining consistent communication with volunteer leaders, planning and coordinating meetings, and working with nominating committees and staff to identify and cultivate new members.
- Develop and deliver clear and cohesive alumni and parent communications and messages in partnership with Development office colleagues and University marketing and communications including through the Furman magazine and other print vehicles, the website, and social media.
- Manage and oversee activities at and the use of Cherrydale Alumni House including events, visitors, and tours.
- Manage all resources for alumni and parent operations including managing budgets, ongoing staff recruiting, professional development (in conjunction with other Development initiatives).
- Serve as part of the leadership team for the Development division
- Lead, manage, mentor and support the Alumni and Parent Engagement staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Vice President Development. The intent of this job classification description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions in this classification and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.
Daily contact with members of own work unit, immediate supervisor, alumni, and volunteers to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information, and make suggestions related to mutual goals.
Daily contact with members of other departments and students to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information, and make suggestions related to mutual goals.
Frequent contact with support services on campus including dining services, admissions, facilities services, post office, and public safety to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information, and make suggestions related to mutual goals.
Frequent contact with vendors and sponsors to influence, motivate or persuade parties to obtain desired results.
Frequent contact with professional peers at other institutions to exchange factual information and explanation of rules, regulations, practices or functions.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Direct supervision of 3 - 10 employees and numerous volunteers.
Reviews work to ensure compliance with procedures and deadlines.
Spends time planning, scheduling, and assigning priorities of multiple ongoing assignments.
Tasks involve interpretation of data and/or procedures to address problems or situations that are not clearly defined. Work involves non-routine/diverse work not defined by procedures.
Errors may cause inaccuracies in reports, records or data resulting in dissemination of inaccurate or incomplete information.
Reports To: Vice President for Development.
Work is performed independently except where the interpretation of law, policy, rule, complex procedure or request for exception is required.
Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of experience in alumni relations, development or related field. Graduate degree a plus.
Strategic planning skills, visionary thinker.
Strong interpersonal skills including a service oriented approach, ability to interact with all types of people, and the ability to manage the department.
Experience managing staff and volunteers is preferred.
Effective leadership skills with the ability to build and sustain a successful team environment.
Experience planning, managing, and evaluating events.
Working knowledge of the applications of social media and digital communication.
Skilled communicator, whether speaking or writing.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
High energy level and a sense of humor.
Ability to work independently and as part of the overall Development effort.
Work is performed under usual office conditions. Regular travel is required.
Cover Letter and Resume
The cover letter should include a description of how your experience, mentoring and/or service might contribute to a liberal arts college community that includes a commitment to diversity as one of its core values.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Executive-Director-Alumni-and-Parent-Engagement_R000448-1
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency