Lecturer in Computing and Cyber Security
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-12-14
Job TitleLecturer in Computing and Cyber SecurityAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentDepartment Of Computing & Cyber SecurityProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The College of Business is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a full-time, Lecturer position beginning in Fall 2019. The appointment is for a Lecturer in the Department of Computing and Cyber Security. The College offers BS degree in Computer Science, BBA degree in Computer Information Systems and the BAAS degree in Information Technology. It plans to offer an MS degree in Computer Science, and a BS degree in Cyber Engineering Technology beginning Fall 2019. The department plans to seek ABET and/or AACSB accreditation for its programs. Job duties require quality performance in teaching and service. Lecturers are expected to teach undergraduate courses (especially lower level courses and labs) in Computer Science and Computer Information Systems, contribute to curriculum development, participate in professional service activities, mentor undergraduate students, and serve on various committees.
- A Master’s (before June 1, 2019) in Computer Information Systems/ Computer Science or a very closely related field with at least eighteen graduate hours in courses directly involving computing topics. Candidates with courses in computing beyond master’s degree may be given preference.
- Experience in teaching or assistance in teaching CIS/CS or computing courses at the College or University level.
- Have current demonstrated skills in writing computer application programs using modern languages.
- Have demonstrated skills in writing computer application programs;
- Have demonstrated skills in creating business transactions with CIS systems such as CRM, ERP, BI, DSS, etc;
- Have experience in teaching Computer Information Systems (CIS)/ Computer Science, preferably in Introduction to computing, management information systems, business applications and computing languages such as Java, python, etc;
- Have relevant accredited certification and industry experience in a CIS/CS capacity for accredited businesses
- Familiar with non-traditional commuter University setting.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse populations.
The position is open until filled. Applications will be considered in pools as they arrive, and stop when candidates are selected for review. The position requires on-site face-to-face availability for teaching classes. Prior to issuing a letter of appointment, three original letters of recommendation and official transcripts from each degree-granting institution must be received directly by the College of Business. E-scripts and E-recommendations will be considered IF emailed directly to the department chair. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective applicant to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
For External Applicants:
Applications are accepted only through the online job portal at: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUSA_External Applicants. Applicants must complete the online application by either downloading your resume to auto-populate the employment application, or manually complete the application fields. After the Work History section in the application process, you can select UPLOAD to attach the following required documents:
- Letter of interest indicating the position number, title, and briefly outline the teaching, research, specializations, and professional goals
- Curriculum vitae to include three (3) professional references
- Unofficial transcripts
For Internal Applicants:
Go to your Workday Profile to upload your resume to auto-populate the employment application.
1) Select CAREER
2) From top of bar, select EDUCATION
3) Upload your resume by selecting the button - UPLOAD MY EXPERIENCE
4) Select file and submit resume
Internal applicants must complete the online application by going into the Career application from the employee's Workday main page. Select 'Find Jobs' to view the list of all internal postings. Search and select the position you are interested in and click on 'Apply'. The information in your Workday profile should auto-populate the application. Scroll down to review and to UPLOAD the required documents:
•Letter of interest
•Curriculum vitae to include three (3) professional references
Please ensure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. Once application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made. In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.