Part-Time Laboratory Supervisor
Lake Forest College seeks a part-time laboratory supervisor in the Department of Chemistry. Experience in a chemistry laboratory environment is desirable. Responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Maintain the department chemical stockroom and inventory
- Order laboratory chemicals and supplies
- Set up instructional laboratory experiments for multiple sections of general, organic, and upper-level chemistry laboratory courses, including courses for the new Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB) major
- Maintain laboratory instruments in preparation for instructional experiments
- Manage chemical disposal collection and documentation
- Supervise student workers
This appointment is 32 hours per week for the academic year, late August to mid-May, with time off for holidays and College breaks. Starting in January, the candidate will experience Spring semester first.
Please send a resume and three references via e-mail to Jason A. Cody, Professor and Chair, Department of Chemistry, Lake Forest College, at [email protected] . Review of the documents will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 students from over 44 states and 72 countries. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.