Director of Enterprise Risk Management
Title:Director of Enterprise Risk Management Job Category:Staff Description:
- Coordinates an effective System-wide Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program.
- Coordinates and oversees the University System Office (USO) ERM program and assists USO administrators in maintaining the USO risk management frameworks and procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees an institution-wide approach to ERM by all USG institutions and ensure that risk management efforts are focused on supporting the institution’s mission and objectives.
- Coordinates directly with each institution’s risk management policy coordinator to ensure the effective management of risk at the institutional level.
- Designs key risk indicators and risk response strategies and assists in designing System-wide reports concerning identified risks.
- Integrates risks and USG strategic objectives to provide recommendations addressing policy, procedures, strategy, resource allocation, and other risk mitigation strategies.
- Coordinates with other risk management functions within the System Office and throughout the USG.
- Makes recommendations on improvements to Board policy, USG procedures, and other process improvements impacting USG operations.
- Prepares and submits findings and reports affecting the ERM program.
- Presents recommendations and other reports to senior management and the Board of Regents.
- Communicates and coordinates with outside agencies as needed to represent the ERM program and the USG.
- Performs special projects and assignments as assigned by the Vice Chancellor for Organizational Effectiveness, Committee on Internal Audit, Risk, and Compliance, and/or other senior management.
- Oversees implementation of Board Policy 4.5 Intercollegiate Athletics to include oversight of campus reviews, facilitating USG athletics committees, and staffing reviews of athletic proposals
- Further develop and strengthen a relatively new program in a complex internal and external environment.
- Position involves significant and frequent interaction with USG Presidents, other USG senior staff, and USG Chief Business Officers.
- Position will provide guidance, advice, and counsel to the Chief Audit Officer and other senior staff and managers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master's degree with over three years of related program management experience required.
- Professional license, certification, or designation or graduate degree related to or demonstrating competency in ERM.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Understanding of ERM frameworks and it application to organizational operations and governance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education.
- Knowledge of process improvement theories and practices.
- Knowledge of best practices in higher education management.
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in written communication to executive and subject matter experts.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Six to eight years’ experience in auditing, risk management for a large organization or a financial management environment
- Proven leadership and success with large organizational ERM program
- Higher Education Experience