Intern/Graduate Student Assistant: Office of Ethics & Compliance
Title:Intern/Graduate Student Assistant: Office of Ethics & Compliance Job Category:Staff Description:
- Assists in supporting the USG’s comprehensive Ethics & Compliance Program.
- Assist in compliance reviews regarding USG policies and procedures.
- Assists in the support of the USG Enterprise Risk Management process to include the development of risk management plans.
- Assists in Special Reviews which may include the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of systems and internal controls.
- Assists in the review of the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify measure, classify, and report such information.
- Assists in the review of the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, and contracts which could have a significant impact on operations and reports, and evaluate compliance or noncompliance.
- Assists in the review of the operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Assists in the recommendation of corrective actions and suggestions for improvements to operations and reductions in cost.
- Assists in the examination and evaluation of reports Assists in review of information collected (statistical data, written reports, research efforts)
- Performs other duties within the scope of the Office of Organizational Effectiveness as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Candidates must be a full or part time student at a USG institution with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Individuals seeking this position should be organized, observant, and detail-oriented. The individual must possess an ability to follow instructions carefully and with sound judgment.
- Computerized spreadsheet and word processing competency is required, along with problem-solving skills. The intern must be able to demonstrate efficiency and time management skills. Flexibility and ability to change focus quickly is important.
- Candidate must have ability to keep all information and conversations related to USG projects and institutional data in the strictest confidence.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juniors, seniors and graduate students whose major is in Accounting, Finance or any business-related, pre-law, organizational behavior, management information systems, or analytics field.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts.
- Good communication skills, organizational ability and judgment required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.