Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleFaculty DeveloperUnion LevelDepartmentCenter for Teaching & Learning CampusStocktonPosting Number201301490PFull or Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Months12Work Schedule
Work performed during standard business hours.Position End DateOpen Date11/05/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants Position Summary Information Primary Purpose
The Faculty Developer reports to the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning and actively collaborates with the CTL team to achieve the CTL’s program and development goals, develop and facilitate teaching-related workshops, programs and initiatives, consult with faculty members and departments, contribute to a national dialogue about teaching and learning, and support faculty professional development on all three campuses.Essential Functions
1. Collaborates with CTL staff, faculty, and institutional partners to develop and implement programs, workshops, seminars, and web resources for the improvement of teaching and dissemination of research-based practices and models in teaching and learning.
2. Determines teaching-related needs across three campuses and contributes to the strategic planning and implementation of faculty development goals, curriculum, and assessment to meet those needs.
3. Conducts confidential, formative, solution-focused consultations and teaching observations with faculty members and academic departments to support and improve teaching, course design, and assessment.
4. Incorporates case examples and evidence-based, student-centered instructional practices into workshops, seminars, and other CTL programs.
5. Stays abreast of national trends in education, including impact of technology and online learning, and engages in professional development that contributes to the field.
6. Supports the Director and Associate Director in building a vibrant, teaching-focused faculty community across the 3 campuses of the University.
7. Additional related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Two (2) to three (3) years experience to include demonstrated teaching experience and effectiveness in an academic discipline at the University level; demonstrated experience and effectiveness in development and delivery of academic programs; earned Doctorate or terminal degree in an academic discipline.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, multi-tasking abilities, and the ability to collaborate with diverse constituencies.
• Demonstrated success developing diversity and inclusion initiatives focused on students and faculty.
• Experience in assessment of learning outcomes at the classroom and/or program level.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent listening, decision-making, and consensus-building skills; commitment to academic priorities.
• Aware of changes in educational, economic, social, governmental and technological environments and their impact on the University.
• Experience with course delivery methods and pedagogy for the 21st-century learner.
• Experience in working effectively with learning management systems, social media and other web-based teaching tools.
• Demonstrated effective academic administrative skills.
• Experience in professional development, designing and delivering faculty development programs and services.
• Demonstrated work experience in a teaching and learning center, assessment, faculty evaluation, program evaluation, or institutional research.
• Experience working with faculty teaching diverse students and knowledge of issues affecting their persistence and academic success.
• Experience of developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience, exemptBackground Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your Faculty Development Philosophy? (500 words max)
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document