Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-11-01
Saybrook University is seeking an Admissions Counselor to join its enrollment management team.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting graduate students for all academic programs. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualifying students for admission selection and enrollment. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude compliment a dynamic, collegial team. This opportunity is located in Pasadena, CA.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Articulating the mission and value of Saybrook University to prospective graduate students while maintaining superior customer service.
- Achieving performance goals for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process on a consistent basis.
- Responding to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communications with all students throughout the admission process, including a determined number of outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Building relationships with prospective students by conducting telephone based interviews to qualify them on their educational goals and interests, explaining available academic programs, advising them on admission requirements, and ensuring that all admission paperwork is completed properly. This may also include providing more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Conducting recruiting events both on-campus and virtually to recruit graduate students. This will include admission interviews, campus visits and tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled & walk-ins) as needed.
- Making decisions and/or recommendations concerning admissions, while appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Producing accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts, on a regular basis.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to represent Saybrook University in a professional manner, recruit, and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities; persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite, customer relationship management systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years admissions experience is required.
- Experience with student information systems, database management systems, and online marketing and recruitment experience highly desired.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, move furniture and be able to physically set up rooms for meetings.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.