Adjunct - English
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-07-31
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University is current seeking qualified candidates in the Saint Leo, Florida area to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.Job Description
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.
In addition to resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in the second step of the application packet process:
- Values Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (see special instructions)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
Teaching assignments specifically in the Education discipline require the following additional documents must be included and uploaded with your all-includes document file. (Education specific disciplines only – for other disciplines please upload a word document that states “N/A does not apply).
- Teaching Certificate
- Evidence of clinical educator training
- Evidence of 60 hours of ESOL training
- Values statement (500 words or less) highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Teaching philosophy (500 words or less) highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Official transcripts (including WES evaluation if from an international university)
- All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time. A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Instructors will be responsible for teaching within the English discipline:
- ENG 121 Academic Writing I
- ENG 122 Academic Writing II
Adjuncts are required and agree to:
- Teach assigned courses as contracted.
- Provide all necessary information and teach materials as provided on the course syllabus.
- Submit final grades within three (3) days after the end of the term.
- Deliver in a professional manner course content for any assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as directed by the appropriate academic school dean, director, or chair.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
- Carry out instructor duties and responsibilities as provided on the website, handbook(s), and policies.
Adjuncts are assigned to specific teaching locations and report to their location administrator as it pertains to daily operations as defined in the term-by-term contractual agreement, but ultimately have responsibility to their discipline specific department chair or director and/or school dean.
A master’s degree and 18 graduate semester credit-hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution.