Adjunct - English/ Bridge Program
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-08-09
Job Description SummaryThe Bridge Program (English for Academic Purposes) on University Campus at Saint Leo University is currently seeking a part-time faculty member to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool. The responsibilities of the adjunct faculty member will include teaching a range of English for Academic Purposes courses which may include one or more of the following: English Grammar and Compositions for Second Language Learners, College Reading, Listening, Note Taking and Speaking, US Culture and Academic Life at intermediate and high intermediate levels of English language proficiency.
The selected candidate will be contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.Job Description
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.
The position requires a Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics or TESOL or a higher degree in the same areas.
In addition to resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in the second step of the application packet process:
- Values Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (see special instructions)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Values statement (500 words or less) highlights how your professional philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Mission Statement and Core Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Teaching philosophy (500 words or less) highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Official transcripts (including WES evaluation if from an international university)
All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below.
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time. A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Instructors will be responsible for teaching within the ESL discipline.
Adjuncts are required and agree to:
- Teach assigned courses as contracted.
- Provide all necessary information and teach materials as provided on the course syllabus.
- Submit final grades within three (3) days after the end of the term.
- Deliver in a professional manner course content for any assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as directed by the appropriate academic school dean, director, or chair.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
- Carry out instructor duties and responsibilities as provided on the website, handbook(s), and policies.
Adjuncts are assigned to University Campus, Saint Leo University and report to the Bridge Program director as it pertains to daily operations as defined in the term-by-term contractual agreement.