2018 Part-time Lab Assistant
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-04-10
Job Description SummaryWork in laboratory to assist laboratory manager with keeping up safety issues, inventory and laboratory upkeep. Preparation of teaching labs. Provide in lab assistance to professor.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- To assist with the preparation for laboratories
- Work up to 20 hours per week in the laboratories.
- Work with ongoing safety issues in the laboratory: Material Safety Data Sheets files, updating inventory of chemicals and other biological.
- Maintain the organization of biological specimens and the slide collection.
- Clean glassware, equipment used in various laboratories.
- Prepare reagents, solutions, etc., for use in laboratories.
- Set up equipment, materials for laboratories before the laboratory and take down the equipment, materials, etc., after the laboratory.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sophomore Standing
- Completion of BIO125 and BIO126
- Knowledge of plant and animal phyla.
- Computer skills, excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with various laboratory equipment.
- Ability to lift at least 20lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.