Rice 360° Chief Electronics Designer
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Rice 360° Chief Electronics Designer Department Rice 360: Institute for Global Health Full Time/Part Time Full-Time Requisition Number S19299 Open Date 12/06/2018 Close Date Salary Information
Salary Commensurate with Experience and QualificationsWork Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Rice 360° Chief Electronics Designer is the electrical engineering specialist responsible for the design of electronics components in technologies designed by the Rice 360° Institute for Global Health.
The Chief Electronics Designer will interact extensively with engineers and clinicians, both domestic and in Africa, in support of the initial design and improvement of the electronic aspects of technologies under development at Rice 360°, with a primary focus on technologies within the NEST360 project.
BS in electrical engineering or a closely related field.Substitution for Education Requirement
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.Education Preferred Experience Required 3 years Type of Experience
Related experience post bachelor’s degree.Substitution for Experience Requirement
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.Experience Preferred
- Experience with circuit design and documentation
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in assembling and testing electric and electronic circuits to drive functional components
- Experience with design of instrumentation for low-resource settings
- Programming experience including Arduino, C, C++
- Proficient and comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to maintain quality safety standards
- Ability encourage teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to solve challenging engineering problems
- Strong organizational skills
Internal interaction with Rice 360° students, staff, and faculty.
External contacts may include engineers, clinicians, researchers and/or educators in the US and the developing world, as well as non-Rice students.
Occasional weekend/evening work
Occasional travel domestic and/or international
- Conducts research and development activities for an organization
- Contributes to the design, development, implementation, analysis and testing of new technologies
- Conducts experiments; summarizes, documents and presents findings
- Participates in the management of projects, reviewing project scope to ensure projects are on time and within budget
- Provides basic instruction, when necessary to: undergraduates, graduates, post docs, faculty and external users wanting to learn how the use of the instruments for their research
- Performs all other duties assigned
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- References/Recommendation Request
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree or higher in electrical engineering or a closely related field?
- * Do you have three or more years of related experience post bachelor’s degree, or additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement?
- * How many years of experience do you have with hands-on assembly and testing of electric and electronic circuits to drive functional components?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your minimum salary requirement?
(Open Ended Question)