Executive Director, Recruiting & Admissions
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Executive Director, Recruiting & Admissions Department Jones Graduate School Admissions Full Time/Part Time Full-Time Requisition Number S19273 Open Date 11/16/2018 Close Date Salary Information
Salary Commensurate with Experience and QualificationsWork Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with evenings and weekends as required.Benefits Eligible Yes Eligible for Overtime No Position Summary
The executive director of recruiting and admissions is responsible for leading an experienced team of recruiting and admissions associates. The individual will be a motivated, results-driven manager and lead our international recruiting efforts. The successful candidate will understand how to work with prospects to determine their motives and know how to solve those needs and desires in an effective way. If you are competitive, intrinsically motivated, and capable of teaching your strategies to a team, we’re excited to have you become part of one of the top ranked business schools in the country, and a university frequently ranked as one of the best places to work in Houston.Education Required Bachelor's Degree Major/Discipline Substitution for Education Requirement
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.Education Preferred
MBA or other master’s degree.Experience Required 7 years Type of Experience
- Related experience in admissions, recruiting, sales, business development or another similar role.
- Some experience in a leadership role.
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.Experience Preferred
- Prior experience with MBA admissions from a top program.
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing continuous improvement processes.
- Deep knowledge of enrollment management including developing long-term strategies to meet the admission, financial aid, and or enrollment objectives in alignment with organization priorities.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across the university with people at all levels and external constituents (prospective students and parents, vendors, media, etc.).
- Highly developed staff management and leadership skills, with the ability to lead, develop and manage high performing teams.
- Strong process and project management skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel and Access.
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Must have strong data presentation skills and excellent communication skills.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization and time management.
- Able to manage effectively in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- Outstanding intellect and drive, with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- High sense of urgency and an entrepreneurial work ethic to drive business outcomes.
- Well proven strategic thinker.
- Ability to design and deliver recruiting solutions with credibility and impact.
- Excellent business, program and staff management skills.
- Demonstrated successful budget management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Track record of superior performance.
- Excellent reading comprehension and critical analysis skills to make distinctions among competitive applicants.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and with various teams across campus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management skills.
Executive Director of Recruiting and Admissions will have interaction with both internal and external stakeholders. Internal Jones School stakeholder interaction includes working with faculty, students, alumni, and staff to develop and deliver processes and programs that help attract high quality students to the MBA programs. External stakeholder interaction is necessary for admission development and programmatic improvement purposes. External groups include: alumni, Council of Overseers, Jones Partners, corporate entities, and non-Jones School Rice University departments. The Executive Director of Recruiting and Admissions may also have contact with prospective students and other university departments, particularly the Office of Graduate Studies and the University Registrar.Physical Demands
Required to travel for extended periods of time (weeks) both nationally and internationally; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours); ability to squat, bend, lift above shoulders; able to lift up to 20 lbs; able to traverse large buildings and foreign cities without physical assistanceWorking Conditions
Periods of high paced activity and stress during peak recruiting seasons. General office atmosphere.Security Sensitive Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.rice.edu/postings/17556 Job Duties Job Duty Name Essential Functions Description of Job Duty
- Leads, directs and develops staff
- Oversees and directs two or more key admission operations, functions and/or initiatives
- Develops long-term plans and strategies to achieve goals and objectives, oversees and manages the execution of related projects, initiatives, programs and activities
- Devises and updates business practices and leads implementation
- Oversees outreach, data management, analysis and reporting
- Serves as a thought leader in the field on best practices for admission, recruitment, selection, accountability and measurement
- Ensures effective management of resources and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Leads development and implementation of long-term strategic plans, annual long-range plan efforts, development of business practices, and organizational change to improves processes and workflow
- Chairs admission committees; makes high level management, evaluative and programmatic decisions
- Reads, evaluates and recommends high level admission
- Develops and delivers outreach programs in local, national and international communities
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws regarding college admission, FERPA, and affirmative action
- Oversees enrollment data collection for metrics and benchmarking, develops and reviews reports and analyses, manages admission program budget
- Responsible for technology including evaluation, development and implementation based on department needs
- Serves as a key member of management team
- Develops and coordinates orientation and training programs
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholder groups in support of admissions and other programmatic activities: other JGSB departments, faculty, alumni, students, and other university departments (financial aid, office of international students, registrar, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have seven or more years of related experience in admissions, recruiting, sales, business development or another similar role, or additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement?
- * Do you have some experience in a leadership role?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide the salary or range that you would require or consider for this position.
(Open Ended Question)