Director, Corporate & Employer Relations
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Director, Corporate & Employer Relations Department Jones Graduate School of Business Career Development Office Full Time/Part Time Full-Time Requisition Number S19265 Open Date 11/09/2018 Close Date Salary Information
Salary Commensurate with Experience and QualificationsWork Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some evening and weekends.Benefits Eligible Yes Eligible for Overtime No Position Summary
The Director of Corporate & Employer Relations is responsible for external outreach and relationship management designed to foster and develop relationships with corporate recruiters, bringing new companies to recruit Jones School Students. The Director will work closely with the Career Development Office (CDO) Executive Director in the design and implementation of strategic employer relations initiatives not only within Houston but also across the US and internationally.
The Director of Corporate & Employer Relations will manage the Corporate Relations & Employer Development team and oversee the management of on campus recruiting and all special recruiting related projects within the CDO (Career Fairs, Conferences, Club Events and Treks).
The Director of Corporate & Employer Relations will create and build corporate / community partnerships geared towards corporate recruiting engagement.Education Required Bachelor's Degree Major/Discipline Substitution for Education Requirement
Experience cannot be a substitute for the education requirement.Education Preferred
Master’s degree in human resources or MBA.Experience Required 5 years Type of Experience
Related experience in a corporate or higher education setting, of which at least two years is of graduate management education experience.Substitution for Experience Requirement
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis for up to two years of experience required.Experience Preferred
Some experience presenting to C-level executives and upper level HR management.License/Certification Required
Valid Texas Driver’s License (or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment) required with no more than three moving violations within the past 36 months and no convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years.License/Certification Preferred Skills Required
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Superior verbal, visual and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; in depth understanding of career development philosophy and models; proactive attitude towards students.
- Must be able to interact and collaborate with staff and faculty leaders, gains the trust and confidence of students, and support students for positions of leadership.
- Must have the diplomacy, patience, and tact necessary to successfully address a wide range of interactions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of computer software, website development, and database packages-Ability to demonstrate knowledge of how MBA programs add value to the corporate workforces.
- Able to multi-task, work autonomously and use good judgment to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player and maintain good relationships within JGSB and corporate communities.
Will work frequently with “C” level executives, University Deans, students, alumni, External Relations, and cross functionally across the University and School.Physical Demands
Must be able to lift (up to 20 lbs), bend, squat, reach up to shoulder level and stand for long periods of time at events and conferences.Working Conditions
Numerous evenings during peak periods. Must be able to travel out-of-town alone and drive an automobile. Four to eight trips during the year should be expected at conferences and for business development initiatives, both nationally and internationally.Security Sensitive Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.rice.edu/postings/17471 Job Duties Job Duty Name Essential Functions Description of Job Duty
- Manages and oversees all employer development and on-campus recruitment programs and initiatives for the Jones Graduate School of Business.
- Develops and executes a marketing strategy to market a range of department services to new and existing employers.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with employers and recruiters from a wide range of industries and organizations.
- Leads the team in developing all presentations, workshops and materials for all on campus recruiting engagements.
- Active participation in school committees, as well as various local, state, regional, and national organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, Societies of Human Resource Management, MBA CSEA, alumni chapters, etc. representing Jones School Career Development Office and, at times, the Jones Graduate School of Business.
- Collects, performs analysis, and reports all employment related data for all the student populations served by the CDO.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have five or more years of related experience in a corporate or higher education setting, of which at least two years is of graduate management education experience? Please note that you may substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis for up to two years of experience required. (e.g. - three years of required experience plus a related master's/MBA degree).
- * Do you possess (or have ability to obtain within 30 days of hire) and maintain a valid Texas driver's license?
- * Have you had four or more moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past three years?
- * Do you have any convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years?