Criminal Justice Adjunct Instructor (Wheeling Campus)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Rank Adjunct Term Length Varies Position Status Part Time Position Title Criminal Justice Adjunct Instructor (Wheeling Campus) Campus Wheeling If other, please specify
Daytime availability preferred for blended classes.Position Summary
National Louis University’s Undergraduate College is seeking Adjunct Political Science Instructors (HIS 102 Introduction to Political Science) to join our team, beginning in winter term (January 2019).
Who we are:
We are a team of dedicated educators who have been working together to build an amazing new Instructional Model that supports first-generation students with a focus on the holistic student. This undergraduate experience is in its fourth year serving students at National Louis University. We have grown consistently each year and next year we will serve over a thousand students, with an anticipated 600 new Freshmen next year! We work fearlessly to educate and retain our students. As a result, we have exceeded national benchmarks through our approach to appreciative advising and data-driven, personalized instruction. Our educational model is student-focused, expects excellence, provides personalized support in a data-driven environment, while grounded by pillars of continuous improvement and innovation to structure our work.
Who you are:
You are: Driven to Succeed.
You are energetic and passionate about a diverse student body that includes many first-generation students. To be successful teaching in this program, you must be committed to excellence in teaching and learning in Higher Education. The position requires you to be agile, creative and engaging while offering a new curriculum and an unparalleled experience to undergraduate students. Enthusiastic candidates have the belief that all students can be successful students. As an active team member, you believe in a supportive environment and a student-driven culture.
You will: Offer Best-in-Class Teaching and Learning.
You believe that your work has demonstrated your respect for education and the power that it holds. Each term, you will facilitate blended classes that utilize technology and data to drive instruction. You will work with a dedicated team of Coaches and Instructors, Content Experts and Data Analysts to determine how to personalize the learning experience for your students. In addition to teaching content, you will also encourage growth mindset, increase non-cognitive skill development and nurture academic confidence.
You are ready to: Make an Impact.
Each and every day National Louis University changes lives. You want to be a part of that meaningful innovation. You are someone that will always look for creative ways for students to earn success. We know this work is challenging, but we are in it together.
• Student-Focused: Make decisions based on what is best for students with the belief that when all students have access to resources and support, they are empowered to achieve success.
• Expect Excellence: Hold high expectations for our students and for the adults to serve them and hold ourselves accountable for achieving excellence.
• Personalized Support: Take a holistic approach to providing individualized support that encourages students to realize their full potential in college and beyond.
•Work together as a unified team, utilizing real-time data and technology to adapt to student needs.
• Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Remain agile and open to changes and new ideas-incorporating data as well as student, faculty and administration voice-to ensure that we are continuously learning, improving, and innovating in all aspects of the student experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Collaborate to develop an effective student experience for students.
•Facilitate courses assigned by delivering instruction in blended and online environments.
•Maintain current and active knowledge in the expertise area that is reflected in instruction.
•Communicate professionally, relate well, and share a passion for college success for diverse learners.
•Participate in weekly meetings with coaches and assessors to report student progress and obstacles (SSC).
•Empower students to develop competency by sharing a passion for the subject and the skills.
•Promote student success by showing flexibility in delivery and work schedule to provide student support, as well as, exhibit a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
•Utilize technology-based teaching platforms, including an adaptive engine to aid students in the development of competencies.
·Excellent facilitation and classroom management skills.
·Excellent oral and written communication skills.
·Excellent time management skills.
·Ability to work with a highly diverse faculty and student body.
·Willingness/ability to use data to inform instruction.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
•Master’s Degree earned in Criminal Justice/Criminology or a closely related field.
•At least four years of professional experience in corrections, delinquency, law enforcement, sociology of law, criminology theory, and/or research methods.
•Teaching experience in a professional or college/university setting.
•Teaching to students of diverse backgrounds and abilities strongly preferred.
Please attach scanned or downloaded copies of official transcripts for all graduate and terminal degrees completed and for all relevant graduate coursework. Official documentation from the university(ies) via mail or e-transcript may be required if approved to teach any course(s).Quick Link for Internal Postings http://jobs.nl.edu/postings/4590 Supplemental Questions (HR Only)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- * Do you live in Pennsylvania or Ohio?
- * What is the highest level of education completed in discipline or sub-field in which you are applying to?
- Bachelors degree in discipline or sub-field
- 18 graduate semester credits in discipline or sub-field
- Master's degree or higher in discipline or sub-field
- Doctoral degree in discipline or sub-field
- * What is the highest level of education that you completed at an accredited institution of higher education?
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- All-But-Dissertation (ABD) in a Doctoral Program
- Doctoral Degree (PhD, EdD, JD, DBA, etc.)
- * Will you be available to work at our Chicago and/or Wheeling Campus Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am to 4pm?
- * How many years of previous teaching experience do you have?
(Open Ended Question)
- Transcript A
- Cover Letter
- Transcript B
- Transcript C
- Teaching Philosophy