Professor (Open-Rank), Higher Education Leadership Ed.D.
Posting DetailsPosition Information Tenure Status Non-Tenure Rank Open Rank Term Length 10 Months Terminal one year contract No Position Status Full Time Position Title Professor (Open-Rank), Higher Education Leadership Ed.D. Campus Chicago - Michigan Ave. If other, please specify Position Summary
The College of Professional Studies and Advancement (CPSA) at National Louis University invites applications for an open rank doctoral faculty in the Higher Education Leadership program. This is a ten-month, full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position with some administrative responsibilities, with rank to be determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and goals.
Started in winter of 2017, The Higher Education Leadership Ed.D. is an innovative program offered in two formats: Executive Cohort (blended program with monthly Saturday residencies on campus) and Online/Low-Residency (online coursework with three required on-campus weekend residencies in years 2 and 3 of the program). The program attracts higher education administrators, faculty members, and those working in related fields and wishing to transition to higher education.
The candidate will join the full-time Founding Program Director and a team of highly-engaged adjunct colleagues to continue growing our community of practitioner-scholars. As a private, not-for-profit institution, National Louis University has spent more than 130 years grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence, from our inception as a school to train teachers. We believe in providing access to educational opportunity, because we view education as our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a professional learning community committed to continuous improvement and advocacy for all students. We believe that through education we can transform individuals, empower change, and build healthy communities. The program supports the institution’s mission to advance educational justice as a path toward social justice, and our alumni will be well-prepared to serve as critical leaders in an array of postsecondary settings.
We are looking for a collaborative, dedicated, and student-centered colleague who will help us live into this mission, particularly in the following ways:
o Delivery of doctoral courses in postsecondary leadership, college student development, quantitative research methodologies, and/or other program courses as needed through online and blended formats. Note that the program curriculum may be viewed at this link: http://nl.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Current/Undergraduate-and-Graduate-Catalog/College-of-Professional-Studies-and-Advancement/College-of-Professional-Studies-and-Advancement-Doctoral/Higher-Education-Leadership-EdD
oConsideration and continued development of highly-effective andragogy, including experiential learning and opportunities to connect theory to practice.
o Some development of courses and design of in- and out-of-class learning experiences.
• Student Success
o Effective supervision of doctoral student research, to include chairing student capstone (dissertation-equivalent) committees;
o Student advising, including advising on academic progress and professional goals;
o Participation in doctoral colloquia;
o Contributions to continuous improvement of student outcomes in retention, graduation, and career advancement;
o Participation in programmatic and student learning outcome assessment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must also be willing to teach at other Chicago metropolitan area campuses and online as needed.Qualifications
• Earned doctorate (such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in Higher Education, Higher Education Leadership, Adult and Higher/Postsecondary Education, or closely related field.
• Minimum of:
o Three to five years of full-time professional practice experience in administrative, managerial, and/or executive positions in higher education; or
o Strong research productivity in the discipline of higher education as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed, credible journals, published monographs, books, book chapters, white papers, and other publications in similar channels, and academic presentations on research or research-based practices to academic and professional communities delivered at peer-reviewed conferences;
o Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate depth of teaching, research, and professional practice expertise;
• Preference for those with experience in doctoral student research supervision;
• Record of effective teaching in graduate/doctoral programs;
• Record of effective teaching in online and hybrid/blended format;
• Experience in learning outcome assessment and using technology in teaching;
• Appropriate professional memberships;
• Professionalism in and demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations;
• Commitment to student success, student professional growth, effective professional advising, and experiential education.
Please address in your cover letter how your prior experiences prepared you to be successful in the duties included in the position portfolio.
Please submit scans of official transcripts for all graduate degrees held with the application.
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Letter of Recommendation 1
Candidates who do not submit such information will not be considered.
No phone calls, please. The College will reach out to the selected candidates for the interviews. Questions may be directed to Dr. Nathaniel W. Cradit, Assistant Professor and Founding Program Director for Higher Education Leadership, at [email protected]
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education completed in discipline or sub-field in which you are applying to?
- Bachelors degree in discipline or sub-field
- 18 graduate semester credits in discipline or sub-field
- Master's degree or higher in discipline or sub-field
- Doctoral degree in discipline or sub-field
- * What is the highest level of education that you completed at an accredited institution of higher education?
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- All-But-Dissertation (ABD) in a Doctoral Program
- Doctoral Degree (PhD, EdD, JD, DBA, etc.)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- Cover Letter
- Transcript A
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript B
- Transcript C
- Other (Licenses, Certifications, Etc.)