Research and Instruction Librarian, Business and Marketing
PAF/Position DetailsPosition Details Position TitleResearch and Instruction Librarian, Business and MarketingPosition StatusFull-Time Position Summary Information Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Head of Library Instruction and Research and the Library Director, the Research and Instruction Librarian for the College of Business and Library Marketing will provide various library services and support.Responsibilities
Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Support and promote the Library Vision, offering diverse and dynamic resources and collections to its learning community in the spirit of academic inquiry and civic engagement.
-Create design and implement strategic efforts toward marketing all Library resources to the University community.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in the College of Business, in order to develop and implement innovative programming to engage the above-involved students and faculty with the Library.
- Act as liaison for the College of Business and specific academic departments including (but not limited to); Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration Management, Organizational Leadership and Economics.
- Provide and promote specialized library instruction services to the students and faculty in areas connected to the College of Business, specifically; Marketing, Finance and Management Information Systems.
- Provide research services (responding to in-person, telephone, and electronic inquiries) to all University Community members, with specialized research consultations for the College of Business
- Develop online tutorials, videos, etc. for use on the Library website or in library instruction courses; particular emphasis on development of resources to support online education through learning management systems.
- Create, organize, and maintain online and physical Library Outreach initiatives, including social media, newsletters, and other university publications.
- Under the direction of the Head of Library Instruction and Research and the Library Director, and in conjunction with library staff, and the staff of other university units, assist in long-range planning of library services.
- Under the direction of the Head of Library Instruction and Research and the Library Director, assist in the creation and implementation of library policies, procedures and workflow documentation.
- Assist in special projects and/or activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Library Director and/or Head of Library Instruction and Research
In the continued effort to provide uniform services to all members of the Lewis University Community, Librarian positions will require some or, all of the following job duties (following duties will be assigned as needed by the Library Administration):
- Fulfills all liaison responsibilities established by library administration and as assigned by the Director, including; maintaining a physical presence within the assigned liaison area(s) that will support the various engagement initiatives offered by the Library.
- Night and/or weekend shifts (including overnight hours during “Super Study” programming).
- Facilitation of Library Instruction for on-campus and on-line courses.
- Support of the Library and University’s online space (course management system, mobile Library application, online research guides, online presence for specific courses, library digitization initiatives, etc).
- Professional Development activities; including participation in state, regional and/or country-wide professional library associations.
- Library liaison duties with academic departments and/or colleges and/or, programs, which include; marketing and campus outreach.
- Travel to all Lewis University satellite campuses; to provide seamless library resources for all University members.
- Academic library experience
- MLS from ALA-accredited institution
- Intimate knowledge of existing resources and current trends in Business Administration, International Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Organizational Leadership and Economics.
- Strong interest in working with students, faculty and staff.
- Commitment to creating and providing user-centered library services, specifically regarding library instruction services.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively to promote teamwork, diversity, equality and inclusiveness in support of the Lewis University Mission
-Second Master’s degree or Undergraduate degree in any of the following fields: Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Organizational Leadership, Economics, International Business and Business Administration.
- Previous academic library experience
- Experience with library assessment in an academic environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects
- Computer application knowledge and experience, a demonstrated high level of proficiency in various computer operating systems, the MSOffice suite, assessment tools, etc.
- Able to research emerging technologies for deployment of library services.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills are necessary.
- Must be able to take initiative and see projects through independently.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to adapt to new technologies and change.
- Second language
Full-time; will be responsible for some night and weekend hoursPosting Detail Information Posting NumberS00388Posting Date 08/20/2018Closing DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions SummarySupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution?
- * Do you have previous experience in an academic library?
- * Please describe your knowledge of existing resources and current trends in Business Administration, International Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Organizational Leadership and Economics.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status)?
- Cover Letter