Part-Time Millwright Instructor, Workforce and Community Development
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000778Job Title: Part-Time Millwright Instructor, Workforce and Community DevelopmentPS Position#: Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $50/hourClassification: AdjunctDepartment:Workforce Development POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Primary functions are to plan, maintain, access, and teach non-credit, technical courses in a manner that facilitates student success and student learning. Center for Workforce and Community Development courses are designed to increase the skill level and knowledge of students and improve the quality, productivity, and safety of their output. Additional responsibilities will include preparing, assembling, and maintaining lab equipment and supplies. Part-time Instructors are hired as needed on a quarter-by-quarter basis, contingent upon the needs of the Center. The Center accepts applications year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on an as needed basis. The Center offers fast-tracked day, evening, and weekend classes at various times and locations during the year. Part-time Instructor hiring is dictated by course demand.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instruct and guide the class in an efficient and effective manner based on Lee College Center course curriculum.
- Provide lectures, lab demonstrations, hands-on exercises and observations with feedback to students.
- Teach beginner through advanced level course as assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain a positive, safe, and orderly learning environment.
- Communicate effectively with and maintain positive working relationships with students, peers, supervisors, and staff.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of student progress, grades, and attendance.
- Exhibit good safe shop practices and maintaining safe PPE.
- Monitor and submit class supply orders on a timely basis.
- Develop class assignments to provide hands-on experience, as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as an Millwright or Machinist in the petrochemical industry
- Ability to use a variety of teaching methods to promote learning
- Proficient in machinery installation, alignment, and assembly techniques and practices
- Proficient in the use of manual lathes and mills operations
- Knowledgeable of ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy
- Knowledgeable of various machinery lubricants, packing, gaskets, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of rotating equipment safety PPE application and standards
- Proficient in reading mechanical drawings, blueprints, isometrics, P&IDs, etc.
- Familiar with piping standards as they apply to connecting to machinery
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when required
- NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP)
- Associate (or higher) degree in Millwright/Machinist technology or related subject matter
- Professional Certifications (example: NCCER, NEC, NFPA, OSHA, ISA)
- Proficient in the use of CNC (Computer Numerical Control) lathe and mill operations
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools: Words, EXCEL, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of instructional methodologies and alternative delivery methods
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)?
- * Do you have an Associate (or higher) degree in Millwright/Machinist technology or related subject matter?
- * Do you have a minimum of ten (10) years experience working as a Millwright or Machinist in the petrochemical industry?
- * Do you have an NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ITCP) certificate?
- * Do you have any professional certifications such as NCCER, NEC, NFPA, OSHA, ISA, etc.?
- * Are you proficient in the use of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) lathe and mill operations?
- * Are you available to work evenings and weekends?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document