Posting Number: :
0000786Job Title: :
Part-Time Certified Nurse Aide Instructor, Workforce and Community DevelopmentPosition Status: :
Workforce Development, Healthcare ProgramsJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Individual will implement curriculum to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve educational excellence. Primary functions are to plan, maintain, access, and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student success and student learning. Additional responsibilities will include preparing, assembling and maintaining lab equipment and supplies. Center courses are developed to increase the skill level and knowledge of students and improve the quality, productivity, and safety of their output. Part-time Instructors are hired in a part-time capacity on a quarter-by-quarter basis, contingent upon the needs of the Center. The Center accepts applications year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time, as needed basis. Part-time Instructor hiring is based on course demand. We offer fast-tracked day, evening, and weekend classes at various times and locations during the year.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use of various teaching techniques to maintain satisfactory retention for students.
- Submit all necessary grades, rosters, and exams to the Program Manager at the designated time.
- Accurately maintain attendance records on a daily basis.
- Teach with depth and accuracy all class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
- Grade examinations based upon course objectives and returns all assignments in a timely manner.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Leave the classroom or laboratory clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
- Provide access to students through office hours and electronic communication.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and request supplies to Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
Preferred Qualifications: :
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience in a long term care facility is required
- Must be licensed LVN in the state of Texas
- Experience teaching adults or supervising nurse aids
- Ability to implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies
- Ability to make procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education criteria
- Knowledge of and ability to apply current education methodologies and techniques
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge in the following content areas:
- Basic resident care in long-term facilities
- Rights of residents, including knowledge in necessary reporting
- Functional independence
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when required
- Associate (or higher) degree in Nursing
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
05/21/2018Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.