Part-Time Concrete Instructor, Workforce and Community Development
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000787Job Title: Part-Time Concrete Instructor, Workforce and Community DevelopmentPS Position#: 00000920Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $50/hourClassification: AdjunctDepartment:Workforce Development POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Primary functions are to plan, maintain, access, and teach non-credit, technical courses in a manner that facilitates student success and student learning. Center for Workforce and Community Development courses are designed to increase the skill level and knowledge of students and improve the quality, productivity, and safety of their output. Additional responsibilities will include preparing, assembling and maintaining lab equipment and supplies. Part-time Instructors are hired as needed on a quarter-by-quarter basis, contingent upon the needs of the Center. The Center accepts applications year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on an as needed basis. The Center offers fast-tracked day, evening, and weekend classes at various times and locations during the year. Part-time Instructor hiring is dictated by course demand.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instruct and guide the class in an efficient and effective manner based on Lee College Center course curriculum.
- Provide lectures, lab demonstrations, hands-on exercises and observations with feedback to students.
- Teach beginner through advanced level course as assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials .
- Maintain a positive, safe and orderly learning environment.
- Communicate effectively with and maintain positive working relationships with students, peers, supervisors and staff.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of student progress, grades & attendance.
- Exhibit good safe shop practices and maintaining safe PPE.
- Monitor and submit class supply orders on a timely basis.
- Develop class assignments to provide hands-on experience, as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as an concrete designer, finisher, and framer
- Ability to use a variety of teaching methods to promote learning
- Understanding of mathematical calculations associated with concrete selection, form designs, beam installations, rebar selection
- Ability to design and set forms along with the final layout of concrete beams and other associated structures
- Knowledge of new technologies being used to construct foundations for small structures and homes
- Working knowledge of equipment used to carry and pour concrete
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Stand for long periods of time for instructional purposes
- Light lifting in office environment and in instructional labs
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
- Ability to use arms, hands, legs and fingers for use of the tools and equipment
- Can lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when required
- NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP)
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools: Words, EXCEL, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of instructional methodologies and alternative delivery methods
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)?
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a concrete designer, finisher, and/or framer?
- * Do you have an NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ITCP) certificate?
- * Are you available to work evenings and weekends?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document