Part-Time Electrical Instructor, Workforce and Community Development
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000779Job Title: Part-Time Electrical Instructor, Workforce and Community DevelopmentPS Position#: 00000920Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $50/hourClassification: AdjunctDepartment:Workforce Development POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Primary functions are to plan, maintain, access, and teach non-credit, technical courses in a manner that facilitates student success and student learning. Center for Workforce and Community Development courses are designed to increase the skill level and knowledge of students and improve the quality, productivity, and safety of their output. Additional responsibilities will include preparing, assembling, and maintaining lab equipment and supplies. Part-time Instructors are hired as needed on a quarter-by-quarter basis, contingent upon the needs of the Center. The Center accepts applications year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on an as needed basis. The Center offers fast-tracked day, evening, and weekend classes at various times and locations during the year. Part-time Instructor hiring is dictated by course demand.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instruct and guide the class in an efficient and effective manner based on Lee College Center course curriculum.
- Provide lectures, lab demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and observations with feedback to students.
- Teach beginner through advanced level course as assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain a positive, safe, and orderly learning environment.
- Communicate effectively with and maintain positive working relationships with students, peers, supervisors, and staff.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of student progress, grades and attendance.
- Exhibit good safe shop practices and maintaining safe PPE.
- Monitor and submit class supply orders on a timely basis.
- Develop class assignments to provide hands-on experience, as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as an Electrician in the petrochemical industry
- Ability to use a variety of teaching methods to promote learning
- Proficient in PLCs, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Motor Controls, Instrumentation, and Three Phase Power
- Demonstrated knowledge in petrochemical industry electrical standards, codes and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and NFPA 70
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power systems, wiring methods, conduit bending, troubleshooting, and calculations
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP)
- Associate degree or higher in Electrical technology or related subject matter
- Professional Certifications (example: NCCER, NEC, NFPA, OSHA, ISA)
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools: Words, EXCEL, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of instructional methodologies and alternative delivery methods
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)?
- * Do you have an Associate's (or higher) degree in the teaching field or an Associate's (or higher) degree in a related subject matter?
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of experience working as an Electrician in the petrochemical industry?
- * Do you have an NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ITCP) certificate?
- * Do you have any professional certifications such as NCCER, NEC, NFPA, OSHA, ISA, etc.?
- * Are you available to work evenings and weekends?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document