Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000732Job Title: Full-Time CustodianPS Position#: 00000690Position Status: Full-TimeSalary: The starting salary range is $18,503 - $20,353 based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A11. Starting salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: Auxiliary StaffDepartment:Maintenance POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine and specialized cleaning and dusting of building facilities including classrooms, restrooms, laboratories, offices, computer rooms, shops, and locker rooms.
- Sweep, scrub, mop, strip, wax, and polish floors.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Dust and clean walls, blinds, chalkboards and “dry boards.”
- Clean restroom fixtures.
- Replenish restroom supplies.
- Clean doors, windows, and woodwork.
- Empty trash containers and take trash to dumpsters.
- Sweep and clean trash from outside building walkways.
- Clean glass on outside of buildings using scaffolds, ladders or window cleaning tools.
- Assist in making minor repairs to building (changing light bulbs). Report building deficiencies to Custodial Leads.
- Cooperate with faculty and students in moving furniture and equipment.
- Assist in set-ups for events and assemblies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Shift may vary depending on need and may result in permanent shift.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Ability to climb ladders
- Must be able to push/pull/lift/carry loads of 25 pounds or more on a frequent basis and 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, days, weekends, and holidays at supervisor discretion
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must have one (1) year of related work experience
- Knowledge of use and care of janitorial supplies and equipment
Must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have one (1) year of custodial work experience?
- * Do you have knowledge of the use and care of janitorial supplies and equipment?
- * Do you have the ability to climb ladders?
- * Can you push/pull/lift/carry loads of 25 pounds or more on a frequent basis and 50 pounds occasionally without any problem?
- * Are you able to work flexible hours including nights, days, weekends and holidays as needed?
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document