Part-Time IT Lab Monitor - Huntsville Center (Navasota, TX)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000662Job Title: Part-Time IT Lab Monitor - Huntsville Center (Navasota, TX)PS Position#: Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $10.46 - $15.32/hr dependent on level of education, GPA, and related work experienceClassification: Classified StaffDepartment:HCLC Academic Studies POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is an IT Lab Monitor position within a correctional environment with an all-male offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and security requirements for enrollment consideration.
Lab Monitors are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enter student and instructor accounts in the network.
- Monitor students in the lab environment; use of NetSupport School.
- Assist with computer related and course related issues.
- Collect and report attendance data.
- Communicate computer-related issues to the technical support team.
- Collect and report lab sign-up names and times.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- At least one (1) year of experience working in a computer related field
- At least one (1) year of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to work evenings when required
- Associate Degree
- Previous experience working in higher education
- Previous experience working with offenders
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)?
- * Do you have an Associate (or higher) degree?
- * Do you have experience working with offenders?
- * Do you have previous work experience in a higher education setting?
- * Can you demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document