Part-Time Sign Language Interpreter
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000099Job Title: Part-Time Sign Language InterpreterPS Position#: 00000826Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $17 - $30/hour, Based on Certification LevelClassification: Classified StaffDepartment:Disability Services POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide sign language interpreting services for students and Lee College personnel.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Provide sign language interpreting services to students and personnel working in conjunction with other full and part-time interpreters. This may include classroom and or lab instruction, extra-curricular activities, tutoring, and meetings or events.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. One (1) to three (3) years of related educational interpreting experience.
- Certification is required either through the state of Texas or the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf.
- Skills must reflect fluency in American Sign Language and/or Signed English to maintain effective communication with students and college personnel.
- Texas state certification through the BEI (Board of Evaluators for Interpreters) or the national registry.
- College training in interpreting or American Sign Language preferred.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)?
- * Are you certified through the State of Texas or the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf?
- * Do you have at least one (1) year of related educational interpreting experience?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document