Adjunct - Business Instructor (Huntsville Center)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000592Job Title: Adjunct - Business Instructor (Huntsville Center)PS Position#: 00000997Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $40.11 per lecture hour and $26.73 per lab hourClassification: AdjunctDepartment:HCLC Academic Studies POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore level Business courses to students in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) correctional facilities.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must have Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field; or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Must be able to work evenings starting at 5:00 pm
- Master’s degree
- Five (5) years of related, non-teaching work experience
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit courses. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Business Management or a business-related field?
- * Do you have a Master's (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master's (or higher) degree and 18 graduate hours in the teaching field?
- * Do you have five (5) years of related, non-teaching work experience?
- * Are you available to work evenings starting at 5:00 pm?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document