AIARE/Wilderness Adjunct Faculty
Position:AIARE/Wilderness Adjunct Faculty Department:Wilderness Education Details:
Lake Tahoe Community College (LTCC) is seeking AIARE (American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education) course leaders and instructors to teach in the Wilderness Education and Outdoor Leadership department. These instructors would be categorized as part-time, adjunct faculty teaching AIARE levels 1 and 2 courses. Part-time faculty positions do not exceed 67% of a full-time faculty member's load.
LTCC is an AIARE avalanche course provider. AIARE has developed and continues to develop standardized curriculum for a complete program of avalanche courses that meets the needs of students at all levels, from recreational to professional and from novice to advanced.
See salary schedule 15-00 Part-Time Academic for compensation information.Representative Duties:
- Teach assigned AIARE courses in the Wilderness Education and Outdoor leadership curriculum.
AIARE Instructor Qualifications
- AIARE Instructor – qualified to instruct AIARE 1, AIARE 2 and Avalanche Rescue courses and lead field groups, with direct supervision from a Course Leader.
- AIARE Course Leader – qualified to Course Lead an AIARE 1, AIARE 2 and Avalanche Rescue Course. A Course Leader is required on all courses and must be present for the entire course.
Wilderness Education Qualifications
- Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience;
- Or any associate degree and six years of professional experience;
- Or the equivalent.