Facilities Admin - 356000
Facilities Management has a mission to make the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth a place where the facilities and grounds are aesthetically pleasing, clean, well maintained and energy efficient. We offer a working environment that promotes teamwork and professionalism. Facilities Management provides responsive, friendly, and efficient customer support to appropriately support the institutional mission.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Groundskeeper to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Picks up and empties all trash and rubbish on grounds, and maintains appearance of assigned area with an emphasis on the cleanliness of campus. This includes but is not limited to cleaning signs, parking lots and garages, as well as landscape areas.
* Operates vacuums, sweeper, power washer, cultivators, edgers, power mowers, and other equipment used in grounds maintenance.
* Operates light specialty vehicles, i.e. golf carts and trucks, large and small, used in intra-campus transportation and in the hauling of materials, equipment, and trash.
* Maintains tools, equipment, and materials used in his/her area of grounds keeping.
* Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a valid Texas drivers license.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Three (3) or more years of experience in grounds maintenance, involving work in care of flowers, landscape, turf grass, irrigation, or related areas.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
* This position may require weekend working hours.
Commensurate with experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled