Finance Adjunct Faculty Instructor - Kentucky
Finance Adjunct Faculty Instructor
Adjunct faculty of the DeVoe School of Business will be responsible to teach adult students curriculum established by IWU in our facilitator model of instruction as opportunities become available. Most onsite classes are held one night per week for 5-6 weeks, 6-10 pm. All onsite adjuncts are also expected to teach online.
Preferred: Terminal degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Finance or related discipline.
Required: A master’s degree with minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Finance or related discipline.
Adjunct faculty members will:
• Demonstrate expertise in his or her content area
• Facilitate engaging individual and group instructional activities
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
• Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
• Utilize appropriate technology for instruction (e.g. Power-point, Learning Studio, Internet Resources)
• Incorporate Biblical principles into the content area
• Communicate with all IWU constituents in a professional and academic manner
• Take advantage of teaching moments and other communication opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails.
• Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
• Respond to student questions within 24 hours of requests.
• Grade student assignments, giving substantive feedback and critical evaluation, within one week of the due date for the assignment.
• Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies
• Fulfill three faculty development sessions per year.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
Teaching experience preferred (not required.) Practical experience preferred.
Work Experience: Three to Five Years of Work Experience in the Finance Field.
•Demonstrated knowledge of online educational delivery tools.
•Demonstrated teaching abilities.
•Demonstrated higher education experience.
•Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft products.
•Demonstrated knowledge of adult learners
We are seeking applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to building and cultivating diversity through leadership,
teaching and/or service.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color,national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer