RESP CARE PRACTITIONER
RESP CARE PRACTITIONER
- Perform respiratory therapy mechanical ventilator procedures to include pressure control, IRV, jet ventilation, Bi-Pap and CPAP; calibrate, set up, monitor and adjust ventilators used for assisted and controlled continuous artificial ventilation; record patient data to include measurements of ventilator volumes, pressures, flows and blood gas analysis.
- Perform oximetry, capnography, hemodynamic measurements, calorimetry, intermittent and continuous aerosol therapy, oxygen and other gas therapy, humidity therapy, intermittent positive pressure breathing treatments, and the administration of medications used in respiratory therapy procedures with physician's orders.
- Provide clinical instruction on proper use of equipment to technicians, students, house staff, nurses, and patients.
- Fax new prescriptions for PAP devices along with supporting documentation (demographic sheets, diagnostic sleep study, PAP titration study, sleep clinic notes, and referring provider's note in which the diagnostic sleep study is ordered) Fax or send in EPIC to DME vendors orders for PAP supplies, changes to CPAP settings, and other miscellaneous requests regarding PAP use Fax referrals for oral appliances to dentists
- Triage sleep calls and respond to patient concerns regarding troubleshooting sleep questions or faxing any missing documentation to DME vendors.
- Print download reports for each patient in sleep clinic or review them online and enter as an addendum to the most recent visit for provider prior to each encounter. Call DME vendors to have them assign patients in AirView as necessary
- Review Faxed CPAP downloads and enter summary reports in the patient's chart. Adjust settings as needed.
- Print sleep studies for provider. The sleep tech e-mails a list. This requires logging into Neuro diagnostics and printing the most recent sleep study
- Fax signed documentation (CMN forms, other PAP related documentation) to DME vendors
- Set up peer-to-peer reviews with insurance companies for providers; Set up meetings with DME reps; Schedule urgent overbook sleep appointments
- Fax prescription refill requests to pharmacies
- Receive Faxes including CMN forms and PAP documents from DME vendors. Put MRN and last visit if indicated on the form.
- Call DME vendors to resolve issues regarding supplies or PAP setup.
568 RESP CARE PRACTITIONER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires completion of an approved respiratory therapy program;registration as a respiratory therapist through the National Board for Respiratory Care.Training must include completion of the following:Basic Life Support Certification Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification Intubation Certification Arterial Blood Cases Certification Hemodynamic Monitoring Certification Completion of Competency Certifications
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.