Vice President of Finance and Administration
Posting DetailsPosting Details Classification Title: Vice President of Finance and Administration Position Title: Vice President of Finance and Administration Position Type: Staff Department: Business Affairs Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position serves as the college’s Chief Business Officer and directs the college’s finance and administrative operations.
• Advises the President and cabinet on financial and budgetary matters; participates in the development and implementation of strategic long-term plans.
• Directs the development and management of the college budget; ensures that resources are properly allocated to enable the college to attain its goals; prioritizes needs to fit allocated resources.
• Represents the college to various Board of Regents entities regarding fiscal and administrative affairs.
• Supervises, guides and provides oversight to operational units, including fiscal affairs, budget, financial aid, public safety, plant operations, information technology, auxiliary services and purchasing.
• Implements and monitors fiscal policies and procedures; guides changes to the division’s organizational structure maximum productivity.
• Oversees capital planning efforts; exercises leadership over new construction and renovation project funding, design and construction.
• Maintains current knowledge of and ensures institutional compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.
• Represents the institution and President in communicating and negotiating with local governmental agencies, elected officials, and civic organizations; negotiates or approves contracts and agreements.
• Oversees compliance with state and federal requirements.
• Maintains custody and control of institution funds and securities.
• Ensures that the campus is a safe and secure learning environment for students, faculty, staff and students.
• Maintains responsibility for financial and compliance audits.
• Performs related duties.
For more information regarding Gordon State College, please visit: www.gordonstate.edu.
Employment is contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. Georgia is an Open Records Law state.
Salary is $115,563.23Minimum Qualifications:
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of State of Georgia budgetary policies.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of state and national issues related to higher education.
• Knowledge of budget development and management principles.
• Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Candidate must have a master’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Public Administration and a minimum of five years of experience at the executive level, including extensive financial and administrative experience. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification will also be considered.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of supervisory/management experience.
Executive level administrator with at least seven years of experience in the area of higher education, finance, and administration.Posting Date: 11/21/2018 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete the online application form by clicking on the button at the top of this page. In the online application, include a letter of application and, in your CV, provide phone numbers and addresses for at least three professional references. Attach or mail transcripts (unofficial or official) of all college-level work directly to the Human Resources Department.
Gordon State College
Human Resources Department
419 College Drive
Barnesville, Georgia 30204
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- High school/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Do you have a least a Master's Degree and/or a CPA license?
- * Please specify area of study for each degree attained.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe any comparable or relevant experience you have.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently hold a CPA license?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document