Contingent Food Prep - Upward Bound
Posting Number: 0600692
Position Title: Contingent Food Prep - Upward Bound
Posting Start Date: 08-23-2013
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position Status: Contingent
Bargaining Unit: None
Employee Group: Staff
Salary Grade: Not Applicable
Salary Information: $10.00 per hour
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Grant Funded: Yes
Department: TRiO Upward Bound
Location: Main Campus
Monday: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Tuesday: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Wednesday: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Thursday: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Flexible work schedule specifics:
Hours per week: up to 10 hours per week.
Weeks per year:
Function: Prepare a variety of foods.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Set up and manage the food area.
2. Maintain high standards for food preparation, serving and storage.
3. Serve food.
4. Kitchen clean-up (maintain a sterilized environment).
5. Inventory food items.
6. Attend in-service training and staff meetings.
Essential Responsibilities Continued:
Other Responsibilities: 1. Other duties as assigned as it relates to this position.
Work Relationships: Does Not Supervise
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Working Environment: Other
Required Qualifications: 1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. Previous experience working with high school students.
3. Demonstrate excellent organizational and inventory maintenance skills.
4. Previous experience collaborating with co-workers/staff.
5. Previous experience with food preparation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Materials Required to Complete the Application Process for this Position: Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51693