Contingent Field Maintenance Attendant
Posting Number: 0600950
Position Title: Contingent Field Maintenance Attendant
Posting Start Date: 07-16-2015
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position Status: Contingent
Bargaining Unit: None
Employee Group: Staff
Salary Grade: Not Applicable
Salary Information: $11.09 minimum per hour
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Grant Funded: No
Department: Athletics & Wellness
Location: Main Campus
Flexible work schedule specifics: Flexible schedule including days, evenings and some weekends.
Hours per week: up to 25 hours
Weeks per year: 8 weeks
Function: Maintain the ECC Spartan Baseball Field. Mow, irrigate, rake and weed grass. Edge fields and attend to areas damaged due to weather conditions or overuse.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Mow grass, using various types of mowing equipment.
2. Monitor and implement irrigation schedule to maintain healthy grass.
3. Drag, rake and condition damaged areas in order to maintain a safe and playable surface.
4. Perform weed control regularly, using various chemicals.
5. Edge fields regularly to maintain neat grounds.
6. Perform pre-game and post-game set-up and maintenance.
7. Maintain baseball field supply inventory and equipment.
Essential Responsibilities Continued:
Other Responsibilities: Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertains to the job description.
Work Relationships: Does Not Supervise
Physical Demands: Physical Demands: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Position requires visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. operates machines where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature).
Work Environment: Moderate noise.
Environmental Conditions: Outdoor weather conditions.Extreme heat (temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour). Vibration. Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body. Hazards. (Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to radiation, or exposure to chemicals). Fumes or airborne particles (Includes fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation).
Working Environment: Other
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Two years athletic grounds maintenance.
3. Knowledge of baseball field maintenance.
4. Ability to work independently.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Materials Required to Complete the Application Process for this Position: Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52012