Veteran Affairs Business Development Manager
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.
Accountable for targeting and acquiring significant corporate partnerships with a focus on those organizations with a primary mission of serving and/or employing military veterans. Responsible for segmenting prospect universe, creating strategic plan for pursuing employer, ascertaining client needs and matching DVU offerings and securing partnership. Partnerships will drive new service member and veteran student enrollment into DVU, use of DVU customized education and development offerings and hiring of DVU military veteran graduates into employer organization.
• Ability to identify enhanced opportunities by expanding business through discovery and effective consultative sales process.
• Grows existing corporate accounts by creating expanded, strong, value-based partnerships and leveraging existing senior relationships within the employer base.
• Excellent relationship building skills which can translate into significant lateral relationships at employer. Ability to influence others.
• Oversees and promotes all of the corporate partnership process requirements: researching company needs, securing executive sponsorship, developing proposals and negotiating contracts.
• Meets with senior management (C suite, Vice Presidents and Directors) of the existing base to expand relationships and secure corporate partnerships, customized training opportunities with DeVry, as well as hiring opportunities for DeVry military veteran graduates.
• Plans, organizes, and leads a consultative business development process resulting in a strategic account plan to grow relationship.
• Responsible for managing an existing account base. Accountable for growth and revenue goals.
• Manages and develops deep relationships with key stakeholders within existing DVU clients.
• Executes effective long term marketing strategy with key client stakeholder in order to generate events supporting partnership growth, increase employer employee awareness of DeVry and increase enrollment.
• Conducts high level strategy meetings and quarterly review meetings wherein the partnership is evaluated, measured and if necessary altered to drive required results.
• Introduces and details new product offerings and product enhancements to stake holders.
• Fully accountable to DVU results and equally comfortable holding employer accountable to partnership results.
• Develops and manages clear understanding of relationship strategy internally among key partner groups at the campus/metro level and internal to DeVryWORKS.
• Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all services offered by client and awareness of competitors in the education space.
• Assisting in the resolution of major client concerns.
• Can facilitate effective brainstorming meetings, with good judgement of what creative ideas will work, can create execution plan to achieve those goals and motivate a dotted line team to execute ideas.
• Conducts executive-level Quarterly meetings with partnerships reviewing client “report card” and outline future strategy and growth.
• Understands industry trends and knows how they may affect the DeVryWORKS/Client relationship.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 7 to 10 years of successful experience in business-to-business sales preferred.
- Experience creating c-level business relationships that translate into B2B sales between corporate organizations and/or government agencies.
- Understands the realities of regulated industry yet can still drive necessary results. Accountable to those results.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, result-oriented and strategic thinker.
- Political savvy, organizational agility, perseverance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and presentation skills
- Must be willing to travel 50% per month, or as necessary.
- Strong interest in the Education/Military industry preferred.