Continuing Education - Nursing and Allied Health - Temporary Instructors
Continuing Education - Nursing and Allied Health - Temporary InstructorsTracking CodeCCT-0111 Job DescriptionDo you possess real-world experience, certifications, and a passion to teach and mentor participants to help them advance their career skills? Advances in technology, longer life expectancies, and changes in the healthcare system have created an increasing need for healthcare training. The college offers a number of continuing education courses for health professionals and classes for those seeking to enter a new healthcare career. CSM is always looking for qualified instructors to teach these classes. Are you interested in teaching any of our current course offerings? We want to hear from you.
We are interested in finding qualified instructors for the following classes:
- Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor/Geriatric Nursing Assistant Instructor -- RN license (active) in Maryland; Sixteen (16) hour course in principles of adult education or 2 years minimum nursing related teaching experience; Minimum one(1) year in Long Term Care, two(2) years nursing experience (one of which is caring for the elderly/chronically ill in the past five years).
- ECG Technician Instructors -- RN with cardiac experience or Cardiac Technician
- Medical Assistant Instructor --Must have three (3) years of recent clinical experience in a medical office or facility setting, be proficient in phlebotomy and electrocardiogram skills.
- ICD-10 Instructor --Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a healthcare setting utilizing medical coding and billing skills.
- Certified Medicine Aide Instructor--RN (active) in Maryland; Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience, at least 1 year of which was in caring for the elderly or chronically ill in the past 5 years: and complete a course with a minimum of 16 hours of instruction in the principles of adult education, or have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience.
- Case Manager/ Delegating Nurse Instructor--RN (active) in Maryland; 5+ years experience as an RN and have experience as a Case Manager/Delegating Nurse
- Nurse Refresher Lab/Clinical Instructors--RN (active) in Maryland; Bachelor's degree in nursing and a minimum of three (3) years of clinical and teaching experience is recommende
- Bachelor’s degree or extensive related professional experience required.
- Subject matter/content expertise in your field.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- This person should possess enthusiasm and passion for student learning be able to respond to the needs of students using a variety of teaching methods.