Building and Grounds Technician
Building and Grounds TechnicianTracking CodeFY19-31; FY19-32; FY19-33 Job Description
Under the general direction of the Building Services Manager, and the direct supervision of the Building and Grounds Team Leader, the Building and Grounds Technician is responsible for the proper cleaning of assigned areas, snow removal, general grounds tidiness, performing room setups for campus functions, and assistance to other college staff as requested.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 5:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Flexibility is required.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Motor Vehicle Record Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 p.m. EST Tuesday, December 18, 2018. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in an institutional or commercial setting that has provided the knowledge of procedures for proper use of equipment such as high and low speed buffers, automatic floor scrubbers, upholster extractor, carpet extractor, vacuum cleaner, industrial wet/dry vacuum cleaner, as well as using industrial cleaning and germicidal agents.
- Ability to use snow removal equipment.
- Ability to translate and use hazardous and toxic chemical Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Maintain a valid Maryland driver’s license and maintain insurability under the college vehicle liability insurance plan.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
Job Location La Plata, Maryland, United StatesDepartmentFacilities (FCL)Hiring ManagerSheila ThompsonPosition TypeFull-Time/RegularSalary TypeAnnuallySalary26,836.00 - USD