Aviation Maintenance Instructor
Category:: Faculty Positions
Department:: Aviation Maintenance Technology Program
Locations:: Plymouth, MA
Posted:: Dec 11, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Cape Cod Community College:
Cape Cod Community College is a place of personal discovery, enrichment, and professional development for those just beginning the quest and for those at many points along the path of higher education throughout life. It is a caring, comprehensive institution that belongs to the people it serves and responds to their individual and community needs. Students attending Cape Cod Community College are striving for personal excellence, and are finding it, day after day. Graduates of the College can be found in all levels of private business, the professions, and public service, and they excel at what they do.
For students seeking to lay a foundation for further study, there is no better place to begin than at Cape Cod Community College. In today's highly competitive market place, the well prepared transfer student is the most aggressively recruited person in higher education. For many Cape Cod Community College graduates, that Associate Degree opens the door to institutions that were just not an option after high school. And, when you consider the savings in the overall cost of a four-year degree at either a public or a private university, starting at Cape Cod Community College becomes an incredible bargain that blends quality with unmatched value.
The students' education is the first priority at Cape Cod Community College. As a learning-centered community, we value the contributions of a diverse population, welcome open inquiry, and promote mutual respect. The College offers a strong educational foundation of critical and creative thinking, communication competency, and a global, multicultural perspective that prepares students for life and work in the 21st century. Our liberal arts, sciences, and career programs provide educational pathways that serve the varied social, economic, and demographic characteristics of our community with a distinctive focus on sustainability. We honor our past, celebrate our present and imagine our future.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Cape Cod Community College is seeking a qualified Aviation Maintenance Instructor for the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program (AMT), located in Plymouth, Massachusetts. The part-time hours available are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5 p.m., and occasional Fridays and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The Aviation Maintenance Instructor will have responsibility for:
- Teaching aviation courses for the Department's offerings, providing classroom and laboratory instruction in aviation maintenance subjects and related technologies to a diverse student population enrolled in the Aviation, Associate of Applied Science Degree, and Airframe and Powerplant Certificate Programs.
- Participating actively in Program activities.
- Participating in the Department's assessment, development and implementation of lecture and laboratory curriculum, courses and programs.
- Maintaining own professional certifications and remaining current in aviation maintenance practices and standards.
- Current Airframe & Powerplant Certification.
- Five years of relevant work experience in an aviation capacity.
- Demonstrated presentation skills in the classroom including integration of computer-based aviation software program(s).
- Commitment to the community college philosophy.
- Demonstrated evidence of keeping current in the fields of aviation and teaching.
- Ability to relate pedagogically to the needs and interests of students.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
- Potential to make significant contributions to curriculum development.
- Ability to meet the challenges of a broad curriculum and a student body with diverse abilities, interests and backgrounds.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in aviation or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with the integration of aviation technology and alternative delivery systems of instruction in the teaching-learning process.
- Experience with innovative instructional strategies that support student success.
- Experience, an appreciation for, and commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
- Experience in basic welding techniques and weld inspection a plus.
COMPENSATION: $49.33 per hour; part-time, not to exceed 18 hours per week. Non-benefited, MCCC Unit Position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications reviewed upon receipt.
Please visit our website at www.capecod.edu for information on Cape Cod Community College.
This appointment is subject to the FY2019 budget appropriations.
Appointment subject to SORI (Sex Offender Registry Information), publicly-accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) and national background checks.
Cape Cod Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and College policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
**ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.**
Begin the online application process by going to the APPLY NOW link. During the process you will be given the opportunity to submit a cover letter, which should specifically address the minimum and preferred qualifications, and a resume. Failure to submit requested documents may result in disqualification. Please note that candidates invited to interview for the position will be asked to provide three current professional letters of reference and transcripts.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Cape Cod Community College Careers Account to check your completed application.