Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Lab Instructor
Category:: Faculty Positions
Department:: Department of Health Sciences
Locations:: West Barnstable, MA
Posted:: Nov 8, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Cape Cod Community College:
Cape Cod Community College is a place of personal discovery, enrichment, and professional development for those just beginning the quest and for those at many points along the path of higher education throughout life. It is a caring, comprehensive institution that belongs to the people it serves and responds to their individual and community needs. Students attending Cape Cod Community College are striving for personal excellence, and are finding it, day after day. Graduates of the College can be found in all levels of private business, the professions, and public service, and they excel at what they do.
For students seeking to lay a foundation for further study, there is no better place to begin than at Cape Cod Community College. In today's highly competitive market place, the well prepared transfer student is the most aggressively recruited person in higher education. For many Cape Cod Community College graduates, that Associate Degree opens the door to institutions that were just not an option after high school. And, when you consider the savings in the overall cost of a four-year degree at either a public or a private university, starting at Cape Cod Community College becomes an incredible bargain that blends quality with unmatched value.
The students' education is the first priority at Cape Cod Community College. As a learning-centered community, we value the contributions of a diverse population, welcome open inquiry, and promote mutual respect. The College offers a strong educational foundation of critical and creative thinking, communication competency, and a global, multicultural perspective that prepares students for life and work in the 21st century. Our liberal arts, sciences, and career programs provide educational pathways that serve the varied social, economic, and demographic characteristics of our community with a distinctive focus on sustainability. We honor our past, celebrate our present and imagine our future.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide lab instruction and skills reinforcement for Emergency Medical Services students enrolled (EMS 101) Emergency Medical Technician: EMT for the Spring 2019 semester (January 22- May 14, 2019).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist the EMS Program Coordinator and the EMS Instructor(s) in meeting program learning outcomes through lab instruction.
- Instruct and evaluate student psychomotor skills in the area of skill acquisition, reinforcement, and mastery in EMS Basic Life Support education programs.
- Provide simulation activities, tutoring, and remedial assistance to students.
- Attend meetings, required trainings, and participate in ongoing professional development activities, as appropriate.
- Two years of field experience in the delivery of pre-hospital emergency care, and academic training and preparation.
- Two years of experience instructing and evaluating EMS students at the college level or through a professional/industry instructional setting.
- Massachusetts OEMS EMT certification or equivalent documented EMS subject matter expertise.
- Current CPR for the Healthcare Provider (or comparable) Certification.
- Current experience and expertise with the Massachusetts Statewide Treatment Protocols.
- Experience working with the Massachusetts Emergency Medical Services system.
- Knowledge of current national and state level curriculum.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Experience using evidence based strategies to support student success including frequent communication and active learning.
- Teaching experience using learning systems to support and improve instruction.
- Appreciation for and commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
COMPENSATION: $49.33 per hour, up to 18 hours per week. Part-time, non-benefited, MCCC Unit Position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications reviewed upon receipt.
Please visit our website at www.capecod.edu for information on Cape Cod Community College.
This appointment is subject to the FY2019 budget appropriations.
The staffing of this position is dependent upon the successful approval of Cape Cod Community College's application to the Office of Emergency Medical Services and the Department of Public Health.
Appointment subject to SORI (Sex Offender Registry Information), publicly-accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) and national background checks.
Cape Cod Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and College policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
**ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.**
Begin the online application process by going to the APPLY NOW link. During the process you will be given the opportunity to submit a cover letter, which should specifically address the minimum and preferred qualifications, and a resume. Failure to submit requested documents may result in disqualification. Please note that candidates invited to interview for the position will be asked to provide three current professional letters of reference and transcripts.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Cape Cod Community College Careers Account to check your completed application.