Post Doctoral Associate
Postdoctoral Fellow – Systemic Autoimmunity
Department of Medicine/Rheumatology,
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Design and carry out experiments to explore one or more of the following topics: molecular mechanisms by which TLR9 negatively regulates T cell activation in murine models of systemic autoimmunity; regulation and gene expression profiles of skin-associated immune cells from cutaneous lupus patients and murine model of cutaneous lupus (Mande P, et al., 2018, JCI) by both high resolution flow cytometry and single cell RNA seq; immune defects of mice that express a gain-of-function (SAVI) mutation. These projects include collaborations with Drs. John Harris and Kate Fitzgerald.
Expectations also include preparation of oral presentations for program/department research in progress meetings, submission of abstracts for poster and oral presentations at national/international meetings and oversight of technician and/or student working on related projects.
- Highly motivated investigator with a PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of cellular immunology, B and T cell development, and innate immune pathways.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in relevant methodologies, trouble-shooting technical problems, and data analysis skills.
- Experience in the following techniques preferred: handling/injecting/genotyping mice, preparation of lymphoid and dermal/epidermal tissues for histology, isolation and cell culture of lymphocyte populations, multicolor flow cytometry, DNA/RNA purification and quantification, qPCR, enzyme-based immunoassays, and immunofluorescent/confocal microscopy, database comparisons.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
The position includes opportunities for project and career development, interaction with a diverse, talented and collegial immunology community at UMMS.Additional Information
To apply for this position:
Find out more about the UMMS research community at http://www.umassmed.edu/research-home/
Send your CV and the contact information for three references to [email protected]
Please do not apply via this requisition.