HowlRound Theatre Commons' Communications Manager creates and implements a communications strategy to advance awareness, engagement, and impact of our work to amplify progressive disruptive ideas about theatre and connect theatremakers worldwide. The Communications Manager reports to the Director of HowlRound.
Who we are:
We are a free and open platform for theatremakers worldwide that amplifies progressive, disruptive ideas about the art form and facilitates connection between diverse practitioners. We seek to democratize the arts by effectively modeling the transformative power of commons-based practice.
Campus Location: Boston Campus
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Theatre or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of experience with 1-3 years in communications, public relations, media relations or similar career discipline.
• Understanding current media and PR strategies and trends.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to write for different audiences and channels.
• Ability to analyze reports, determine organizational needs, and propose feasible solutions to challenges.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Working knowledge of and/or passion for the not-for-profit theatre and performance field.
• Commitment to advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and in the theatre field.
• Experience with web content management systems (Drupal preferred), email marketing software (MailChimp preferred), Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Google Analytics, and Google Ads.
• Experience using data to tell a story that can be communicated in an easily digestible and actionable way.
• Organized self-starter and self-directed, willing to be flexible, a positive attitude, and a willingness to adjust to a rapidly changing landscape and the possibility of unanticipated projects and demands.
• Able to manage multiple communications projects simultaneously and able to meet established deadlines.
• Knowledge of the not-for-profit theatre sector and HowlRound’s place in the theatre landscape. • Experience working in graphic design or art direction. • Supervisory experience.
Required Prior Work Experience:
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Classification Title: Career IC
Salary Grade: 16
To apply, please visit: www.emerson.edu
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency