Manager, Development Services
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Services Manager is responsible for maintaining Development operations for Bard College, including database management, fiscal administration, fundraising reporting, data integrity, and data security. He/she oversees a four-person team focused on gift recording, gift acknowledgement, stewardship, records management, and data entry.
The Development Services Manager will develop, recommend, and implement process improvements and document protocols. This role will additionally serve as liaison with the Management and Information Systems (MIS) team at Bard to develop solutions on behalf of the Office of Alumni/ae Affairs and Development (ODAA) and will work with other campus departments to maintain best practices and consistency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Banner Advancement system on behalf of ODAA
- Manage the data connection and processes of the ODAA’s public facing software, iModules
- Maintain database integrity by creating and enforcing standards as well as data entry policy and procedures
- Process new data into the database system
- Train staff in database protocols and policies
- Participate in campus "power user" groups as assigned
- Manage the interface with Finance staff regarding gift entry, fund creation, gift restrictions and audit reporting
- Oversee gift processing and ensure adherence to all IRS, FASB, and NYPMIFA regulations related to development activities.
- Ensure accuracy of financial reports and proper donor recognition in annual Honor Roll of Donors and Report of Gifts
- Serve as the liaison with the Finance office and external auditors
Analytics and Reporting
- Create and produce reports, queries, and extraction tools for ODAA team members and other campus units
- Produce prospect and donor lists as well as targeted mailing lists for communications, appeal solicitations, invitations, and events as requested
- Provide support to ODAA team members and frontline fundraisers to meet information needs
- Oversee workflows to connect the Banner database with other software systems
- Create and manage a suite of reports for ODAA and campus use in tandem with MIS
Management and Supervision
- Oversee a team of four staff members; gift recorder, data specialist, acknowledgement administrator, and data stewardship manager.
- Provide mentorship and problem-solving support
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of related experience
- Advanced computer skills including strong skills in Excel and SQL
- Experience with managing CRM and database systems; familiarity with Banner, iModules, and Argos software preferred
- Evidence of organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing and reviewing systems design
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously
- Superior attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Integrity in handling sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader, as well as independently
- Customer service-oriented disposition
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practice
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/59148.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.