Adjunct Faculty to teach Quantitative Courses (Managerial Economics, Financial Management I and...
Job location: Remote / Nationwide
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-07-16
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can change lives and work closely with one of the worlds most respected and successful CEOs of the century? The Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University is seeking adjunct faculty members with the passion to mentor, coach and transform the lives of our students in the area of (Managerial Economics, Financial Management I and II ).
Adjunct faculty members are expected to coach students on our curriculum, moderate online discussion forums using their professional experience and expertise, and provide effective feedback on student coursework submissions using the JWMI grading rubrics.
JWMI faculty members provide the highest quality education and maintain high standards of academic excellence.Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 7-10 years of Executive, Senior Level Management/Leadership Experience required
- Must have practical business industry experience related to quantitative courses
- A deep understanding and appreciation for Jack's management philosophy
- The ability to both coach and instruct adult learners in an online environment
- Experience with the adoption of new technology and tools
- The ability to do occasional Synchronous work with students
- Commitment to student success
- Must be able to teach any of the quant courses when needed.
- Experience teaching at the graduate level – online
- Mastery in presentation skills, planning and organizing of course objective
(after you attach your resume, there is a websites section - use this to add your video)Education Requirements:
All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Terminal degree (Doctorate Degree) or working towards your terminal degree (ABD) is required
- Master’s degree required in the related field
- Professional certification in discipline specialty (if applicable)
- Actively participate in weekly online discussions
- Evaluate and provide feedback on student coursework
- Assist with development and refinement of curriculum
- Create short videos to introduce new topics each week
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Maintain adequate records of student progress
- Maintain smooth course operation and adherence to policies and procedures
- Some travel will be required for faculty meetings
- Must be able to lift 2 lbs.
- Experience with Blackboard or a similar LMS (Learning Management system) is preferred
The Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University delivers an integrated 12-course EMBA for working managers, along with non-degree six-week Certificates in Leadership and Strategy. The Jack Welch Management Institute online Executive MBA is designed to be completed in 18-24 months while working full time.
Our faculty team works collaboratively to effectively deliver JWMI’s world-class curriculum. Monthly meetings and frequent professional development opportunities ensure we are coordinated and able to fully engage our students, helping them to achieve their full potential as business leaders.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]